Mackerel Tabby Needing New Home

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Robert2704
New Cat Chatter

Mackerel Tabby Needing New Home

Post by Robert2704 »

Hi there,

We've a bit of a tricky situation with Toty. Our Mackerel Tabby.

A few years back, she decided that the house wasn't for her and much preferred the fields around us. In turn, she would disappear for a while, and eventually we lost her. Then moved house.

Just today, the Cat Protection arrived at the house to say they'd found her. She's been micro-chipped. So we have her back, however we've had a major change of circumstances. We now have two Staffordshire Bull Terriers. (SBTs) and neither Toty or the two dogs can see eye to eye.

At the moment, we have two cages. The cat in the smaller one with the two dogs in the larger one. The cats doing more growling the dogs mind you.

The officers from the Cat Protection say they'll return in a few days and give some further advice for re-homing, due to them having a waiting list. I've also contacted the Cat Action Trust for advice and assistance.

In my opinion, the home suited to Toty would be around a farm, or somewhere rural, or at least semi-rural as she is an outdoor cat. Although she never used to be as she was brought up to be an indoor cat.

Litter tray training was done, and there was never any problems until shortly before she disappeared when she started not using the litter tray.

A trip to the vets indicated that it was crystals in her urine that was causing her to associate pain with the litter tray. She was treated for that.

As it appears there are waiting list for rescue centres, and and cat re-homing services, I'd appreciate assistance in what can be done temporarily, and any shelters, or organisations that could help.

We're in East Ayrshire if you feel you could help, but if not, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Robert