New Home needed for gorgeous 8 year old Tortoishell

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Marianne
New Cat Chatter

New Home needed for gorgeous 8 year old Tortoishell

Post by Marianne »

Hello

I'm posting on behalf of my housemate, Angela; we live in hither Green. Angela moved in with me a year ago with her tortoishell 8 year old cat. Unfortunately her cat does not get on with mine, and it has become increasingly apparent, after 10 months of trying various things that this will not work. We even brought in a cat psychologist!

They are both very stressed around each other so we are now keeping them separated until we find a new home for Boogaloo. We are desperate to find a new home for her soon as she is very lonely stuck upstairs int he house. We make a huge effort to spend time with her as much as possible, but the situation is far form ideal Angela has looked, but has been unable to find a room share in a location that accepts cats, her income is limited and so are her options sadly. So now, our focus is doing what is needed for the welfare of both cats.

Boogaloo is ideally suited to a home with no other pets and small children. She is a lovely playful and chatty cat, who would make a lovely companion. She is very affectionate, mainly an indoor cat, so a garden in not essential. She is microchipped, neutered and up to date with her vaccinations and has a clean bill of health!

Please contact me if you know anyone who would be interested in providing a home for her.

Many thanks
Marianne & Angela
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: New Home needed for gorgeous 8 year old Tortoishell

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marianne
New Cat Chatter

Re: New Home needed for gorgeous 8 year old Tortoishell

Post by Marianne »

Thanks, I have looked into it and contacted various organisations. With regard to avoiding re-homing, sadly this is not an option. We have tried everything in the last 10 months, and it resulted in my cat losing 20% of her body weight, I just can't put her through any more stress.

Both are torties, and fir the type sadly!