Urgent new home needed 2 cats Birkenhead Merseyside

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
JmCullen
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Urgent new home needed 2 cats Birkenhead Merseyside

Post by JmCullen »

I am upset to post this but I need to rehome my 2 cats Prue and Piper, 2 sisters, 6 years old, I've had them since they were six weeks old and have taken good care of them, vaccinations every year, flea, working, etc. I live on my own since my ex wife left me 15 months ago, and I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Unfortunately my MS is progressing, and I am having to move back to my parents, at the age of 42, (!) as I am strugglng on my own. My parents will not accept the cats and I feel although it will upset me, rehousing them to a loving home is the best option. They are timid with new people, but very affectionate once they get to know you. They have their own collars with their name on and have been microchipped and spayed. They are in very good health and are very loving companions. I will miss them terribly. Prue is all black, Piper is black and white. I can send pictures to anyone interested.

I also have 2 six foot cat trees to give to their new owner, and 2 large canvas photos of each of them, plus lots of cat beds. Please can somebody help me and give them a loving home? :'-( I am happy to talk on the phone, either 01512019862 or 07736843167.

John-Mark. (a very sad cat dad) :'-(
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Urgent new home needed 2 cats Birkenhead Merseyside

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html
JmCullen
New Cat Chatter

Post by JmCullen »

Unfortunately I have no choice but to rehome. I am desperate to get a good home for them. It's a health issue for me as I made clear in the post. I am very upset and very desperate.
GillianH
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by GillianH »

What a very sad situation you find yourself in.

I appreciate what you say but is there no way that your parents would accept your cats? Are they aware you have had them since they were six weeks old and re-homing them would cause you a lot of distress? As a parent myself who has taken on two cats that belonged to daughter there was absolutely no way I could have let them be re-homed.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I understand how difficult this must be for you, but all rescuea and shelters are overflowing with unwanted cats and kittens, especially at this time of year which is during the kitten season and when many people have been away on holiday rather than considering taking on new pets. It would be best to work your way through Cat Chat's list of rescues in your area - they will say they are full but many will have a waiting list so ask to go on it and keep plugging away until you find a space for them, or try friends and family if you can. Please do not be tempted to offer them free on any of the trading websites, as there are unscupulous people out there who will take free cats for purposes you don't even want to think about. I wish you all the best.