URGENT! 1 year old black cat needs home. TORQUAY, SOUTH DEVON

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
R_Lola265
New Cat Chatter

URGENT! 1 year old black cat needs home. TORQUAY, SOUTH DEVON

Post by R_Lola265 »

My 1 year old black moggie, Vi, has become extremely aggressive towards my other cat after being spayed 3 weeks ago. I've tried several methods to re-introduce them; feliway diffusers, crate, separate rooms, feeding them treats together etc. Nothing is working and Vi is constantly trying to attack and chase my other cat (a 2 year old tortoiseshell, also spayed).

Vi is currently kept in our bedroom with her own litterbox and food but this is not ideal and we live in a very small flat. The doors do not properly shut either making it very difficult to properly separate them. She's currently on Blue Cross and Animals in Distress' waiting lists but it's becoming more and more difficult to keep her safely away from my other cat while we wait for a home. I'm urgently looking for someone to adopt or foster her in the meantime.

Please PM me if interested. She is spayed but not fully vaccinated, she's litter trained and has been an indoor cat. I don't know if she will be aggressive to other cats. But otherwise she is a very friendly and inquisitive young lady!
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: URGENT! 1 year old black cat needs home. TORQUAY, SOUTH DEVON

Post by Marla »

I've heard of a cat reacting to another cat that's come home from the vet but not the other way around. Sorry to ask, but has Vi been back to the vet for a check-up since the spay? Maybe she's not feeling well?
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: URGENT! 1 year old black cat needs home. TORQUAY, SOUTH DEVON

Post by Marla »

I just found this article:
http://pets.thenest.com/aggression-newl ... -4110.html

I hope you can resolve this and not have to rehome her.