Male stray needs urgent home, Morley, Leeds area

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
jmd69
New Cat Chatter

Male stray needs urgent home, Morley, Leeds area

Post by jmd69 »

Hi all

Myself and my husband are urgently trying to find a home for a stray cat who we have been trying to look after for the past few months. Things have become more urgent now and we need to find him a caring home.

We have nicknamed him Peter and are pretty sure he's male, not sure if he has been neutered etc or if he has got himself lost from his family. Basically he turned up in our garden at the end of the summer and was sleeping amongst the shrubbery. We started feeding him (yes big mistake), he was very nervous and skittish with us, but is much better the more he has got to know us.

We have a male cat of our own, which we rescued 7 years ago and he is our world. Since the weather has gotten cold, Peter is now entering the house via the cat flap and completely terrorising our cat. As they are both males, they are fighting (and scent marking). Our own cat now refuses to come into the house whilst Peter is inside. We are at our wits end now with this as its greatly stressing and unsettling our cat. We have been in touch with several cat rescue centres, but nobody can help as they are all full with huge waiting lists.

Due to Peter being quite a nervous cat a home with children wouldn't be suitable. If anybody can help please get in touch as the situation is becoming quite urgent now and we don't know what to do with him.

I have attached a photo of him also. Also forgot to mention we did try and trawl the area to see if anybody had lost him initially but nobody came forward.

Thanks
Joanne
Attachments
FB_IMG_1486724411806.jpg
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Male stray needs urgent home, Morley, Leeds area

Post by Marla »

Hi Joanne. Welcome to Cat Chat!

It looks like he's a grey and black tabby as opposed to a brown one?

Two males can get along, but if Peter isn't neutered (you said you weren't sure) I think they will fight.

Has he been checked for a microchip? Don't leave him behind at the vets though as he might be put to sleep. (If he's not neutered, he's unlikely to be microchipped.)

If keeping him isn't an option, get him on as many waiting lists as you can. Always ask if it's a no-kill rescue (some aren't).
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Male stray needs urgent home, Morley, Leeds area

Post by Marla »

Joanne emailed me to say that this cat is a male grey and black tabby, neutered, not chipped.