Home needed for 2 Tuxedo cats

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
danrelv
New Cat Chatter

Home needed for 2 Tuxedo cats

Post by danrelv »

Its with sadness that I find myself writing this however I am looking to re-home my two cats.

Both are black and white tuxedo cats, about 12 years old and we got them from a shelter as they were found roaming the streets and have had them since kittens. They have had yearly check ups with the vets, are in good health and have been chipped and neutered.

The reason for looking to re-home is that ever since my son was born the male cat (Charlie) has started spraying/weeing in certain areas of the house. Before my son was born it was fine and he used to get a lot of attention and now I think he's doing this because of our attention is elsewhere and also because my son is noisy and used to cry lots. We have tried the feliway plugins, the litter trays are in a quite part of the house and as I mentioned he has been checked by the vet so I think its just because they aren't comfortable there anymore.

The spraying of the male cat coupled with the vomiting of food and hairballs all over the house of both the female cat (Tilly) and Charlie and also the wiping of bottoms on the carpet after they’ve been in the litter tray means that I am no longer comfortable with the hygiene element, especially as now we have another child who is crawling about. I just have to think of my children in the first instance.

I know I probably sold it too well but this never used to occur before the kids came along and they are lovely cat and just a little timid.

If you can help, please let me know
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Home needed for 2 Tuxedo cats

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: https://www.catchat.org/rehome.html