3 Elderly Cats - Owner Passed Away - Need Help!

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Andy_Derby
New Cat Chatter

3 Elderly Cats - Owner Passed Away - Need Help!

Post by Andy_Derby »

Hello All,

Sadly I received some devastating news 7 days ago that my mother had been found dead at home. As a very active & healthy lady, & at only 72, this has been a total and utter shock. As a result we have been left with 3 elderly cats which were my mothers life - she loved her cats so very much!! No one including myself can take care of them due to us all having dogs which they are not used to. At the moment and for the past 7 days we have been doing a 40mile round trip twice a day to feed them. They are getting more and more upset & stressed as things get changed/tidied and removed from the property. We have tried all the local 'usual' places but seem to be told they are full or its an 8-10week wait.

We have Izzy, 19yrs old, and then Merry & Pipin both 17yrs old and are Izzy's kittens.

All have been neutered, injections & worming upto date, flee'd regular. Merry is on some tablets which we have a box of.

Please can anyone help, offer advise etc. We have so much to do with the funeral & property/possessions we really are not in a position to take proper care of these lovely gentle cats.

Many thanks
Andy in Derby
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: 3 Elderly Cats - Owner Passed Away - Need Help!

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help: https://www.catchat.org/rehome.html