Urgent rehoming for loving burmese with IBS

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Marie68
New Cat Chatter

Urgent rehoming for loving burmese with IBS

Post by Marie68 »

Chi Chi new.jpg
Hello, I am new to this forum and have been recommended by one of the animal shelters to join to try and find a home for my 14 year old burmese blue torte. I have had Chi Chi since she was 6 weeks old along with her sister who is a chocolate torte. About 10 years ago when I moved to a new flat, they had a horrible fight and have never really been friends since and Chi Chi devloped IBS which I think probably is made worse when she is anxious as she is quite a needy girl (she likes company and cuddles).

I have managed for the past 10 years, with wooden floors, without a garden but have recently moved to a fully carpeted home and I have decided I cannot take her with me as years of managing her IBS, the two cats falling out, full time work etc etc has taken its toll on our family and I think its impossible to care for her the way she should be taken care of when we are out of the house at work and she would be limited to the bathroom with no immediate access outside. I don't think that would be humane and I need to put her first.

She is a lovely, loving, intelligent and sprightly for her age. She has a lovely nature and will talk to you ( I know, but she does!) She loves the outdoors and exploring too. She would make a lovely companion to someone maybe who is home all day, retired? Maybe someone elderly who has recently lost their own cat? An only pet household with immediate access to outside and maybe a utility area for her tray etc? I have noticed it doesn't flare up as much when she has someone around her. I feed her Royal Canin Gastro Intestinal which is a really good food for her.

Romney House Rescue did initially agree to take her, but decided it wasn't the best place for her, so I have placed her in a cattery until 17th August. I have seen a vet who is NOT keen to put her to sleep (which was one of the options) and I did not want to go down this route either, but if I cannot find a home for her I will not have an option.

I wondered if anyone has any suggestions? Or knows anyone who maybe lives on a farm that could take her?

I would be grateful for any advice, help etc.

Thanks.

Marie
Attachments
chi chi-2.png
chi chi-2.png (99.67 KiB) Viewed 2969 times
Last edited by Marie68 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Urgent rehoming for loving burmese with IBS

Post by Marla »

If you haven't already, please post in this forum as well:
https://www.petforums.co.uk/forums/cat- ... option.64/

I'm recommending this for 2 reasons:
- it sounds like your cat is a pedigree and there are many people in that forum who are interested in pedigree cats
- that forum has quite a few people who feed a raw diet. A raw diet can often help and even cure IBS.
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Marla »

P.S. We feed Royal Canin Gastro Intestinal to one of our cats and I know it's a good food too.
Marie68
New Cat Chatter

Post by Marie68 »

Thank you. Yes she is a pedigree. Her sister has no problems though. She is very hardy. Thanks for advice.
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Marla »

Chi Chi is beautiful!

What I meant was that the other forum has many users who are interested in pedigree cats, so it's worth posting there too.
Marie68
New Cat Chatter

Post by Marie68 »

Thank you Marla. Yes she is beautiful. Thank you for your advice. I have posted on the other forum also.

Thank you.

Marie