URGENT TEMPORARY FOSTERER NEEDED

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
SheenaH
New Cat Chatter

URGENT TEMPORARY FOSTERER NEEDED

Post by SheenaH »

Hi

I'm wondering if any of you cat lovers would be able to help me with an urgent problem? I lost my job a while back and have not been able to find anything else for many months. This has resulted in me being asked to leave the home I rent for obvious reasons. I was hoping an alternative would come up before the end of August but unfortunately nothing has come through and I am having to temporarily move in with my brother but unfortunately he cannot have pets in his home. I'm currently in the Milton Keynes area and my brother is in Cambridgeshire. I had arranged for a friend to take them in for a few months but unfortunately this has now fallen through.

Due to my financial situation I cannot afford to put my 2 three year-old cats into a cattery but I also do not want to find permanent homes for them as they are my babies and have helped keep me from going completely mad during these awful times. Is there anybody that would be willing to temporarily foster them for a period of 2-4 months (hopefully less)? They are indoor cats, having never been let outside from kittens. I have around 3 months worth of food and 4-5 months of litter for them and they're microchipped and have had all their jabs etc.

They are both beautiful, playful and very loving cats and are my joys. Ideally I would like them to be not too far away so I could hopefully visit on the odd occasion but if a loving temporary home is only available at a distance that's obviously fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Sheena
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: URGENT TEMPORARY FOSTERER NEEDED

Post by Lilith »

Hi Sheena and welcome :)

I'm very sad to hear of your predicament and wonder whether there might be a rescue near you who can foster the cats - there's a list here:-

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-r ... uk-ireland

Many rescues do do fostering as well as their usual work and although summer's a bad time because of the kitten season, it's nearly September, and it could be worth inquiring into.

I do hope you find somewhere for them soon and manage to get your own life back on track too, with all very best wishes for the future, Lil x