home offer for rescue cat

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
AngeB43
New Cat Chatter

home offer for rescue cat

Post by AngeB43 »

Hi - I have 4 cats already and 2 small, cat-friendly dogs. I live in a semi-rural area, great for outdoor type cats, with a big garden and on a quiet lane with little traffic. I am looking for a fifth cat and am open to kittens or adults of any colour, preferably black though as I lost a black girl a few years ago and know they're hardest to re-home. I'd prefer a male as I have 2 boys and 2 girls but one f the girls bullies the other sometimes and I suspect there'd be less of a clash with a tom. If you know of a laid-back cat or kitten who you think would be happy with a house full of other animals but would get plenty of love and attention, please contact me. I live near Alfreton in Derbyshire and work from home, so any newby would get plenty of 1-to-1. Thanks!
johntruscott
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: home offer for rescue cat

Post by johntruscott »

Hello
I rescued a very handsome black cat who turned up starving and desperate on my doorstep, had him neutered and chipped, gave him a name (Jordi) and am trying to find him a permanent home. He's about 3 years old, very streetwise, playful and affectionate. I can bring him to you.

John
johntruscott
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by johntruscott »

I couldn't bear to put Jordi in a cage in a cat rescue centre. I think he might be happy in a sociable context with other pets.
AngeB43
New Cat Chatter

Post by AngeB43 »

Hi, my problem with an adult is whether they've got a history of living with other dogs and cats, as if he's scared of dogs, he won't be happy at all. He'd also need to be relaxed around other cats. Could you send me some photos of him please? I might be able to help find him a home, even if I can't offer one myself.
johntruscott
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by johntruscott »

Hi

I'm very sorry I havent replied sooner. I took Jordi to my little cottage in Normandy, where he had the best time, lost all his urban edginess, and proved to be a real country cat and brilliant mouser. Now he's evidently very **** off to be back in London, where he gets hassled by 2 obese chocolate labradors which are never on a lead and roughed up by a fierce bengali cat who steals his food. He has just bitten a chunk of hair from my head to show his disappointment.
I just don't know whether he's scared of all dogs; he seems wary of everything on the street, cars, dogs, people, and has cleverly sussed out all escape routes for use when chased i.e. by the labradors. He's friendly with one other local cat, though he seems to bully him a bit. He certainly needs love and attention as he's sometimes a bit diffident, but I find this endearing as he comes across as deferential and well-mannered. I'll try to forward some photos in case you can find him a good home.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

Sorry to interrupt this thread but I've noticed you've posted on a few threads John. Have you contacted all the rescues in your area and put the cat on a waiting list, or asked for a direct rehoming if you don't want him to go in a rescue?
This link gives all the information you need re rehoming.

http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a link to rescues, you can find the nearest to you by clicking on the link here:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I too have a (stray) cat needing a home, so I understand your situation.
johntruscott
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by johntruscott »

Yes I have asked for a direct rehoming from local rescue centres, but so far without success. I don't want him to spend time in a cage in a rescue, waiting indefinitely.
Super Petlover
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Super Petlover »

just want to say you're sweet and very loving to that cat there.

I hope he gets a nice and cozy home.. :)
cusackcat
New Cat Chatter

Post by cusackcat »

Hi Ange, I have a 6 year old speyed and chipped black female called Squeak; she came to me in rescue as her owner had taken her to the vet to be put to sleep even though the vet confirmed she has no health problems; luckily they persuaded the owner to sign her over to them.

She is very loving and affectionate and gets on great with other cats. Please let me know if you are still looking and if Squeak would be of interest to you.

Thank you.