BLIND CAT WANTED AS A NEW FRIEND FOR MARLEY MOO (MANCHESTER)

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
deako47
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

BLIND CAT WANTED AS A NEW FRIEND FOR MARLEY MOO (MANCHESTER)

Post by deako47 »

Hi
I'm new to the forum.
we adopted a little blind kitten (Marley) 3 years ago who quickly turned into a very confident little boy.
He plays out in the rear enclosed garden for hours each day and is really sociable to other cats and humans.

He did have a female friend who was a kitten who came to play/ wrestle daily but now she is a fully grown cat she doesn't come much any more. (apart from coming to steal his food) so poor old Marley gets bored just sitting there with no friend to play with.

We would like to get him a 'lifetime friend' but think its best for him if he had a friend that was on the same standing as him. I.E another blind cat. We don't think its fair on him that his new buddy could go beyond the garden fence as he has never been past it.

therefore if you have or know of a blind cat/ kitten that needs a very good home please get in touch and hopefully we could arrange a meet to see how they get on.

Marley has been neutered and has all his boosters up to date.

We live in Altrincham near Manchester.
I've attached a picture of him.
deako47
New Cat Chatter

Re: BLIND CAT WANTED AS A NEW FRIEND FOR MARLEY MOO (MANCHES

Post by deako47 »

We're still
Looking and are willing to travel to any sanctuary that has a suitable cat needing adoption.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

Sorry there's been no response Deako, I'm sure if something comes up as an adoption here you'll be the first to know.

Have you contacted your local centres to let them know you're looking for a blind cat to rescue? I'm sure they'll put you on their special attention list if you do! After all, most people don't want disabled cats, sad as it is.

I actually recommend going to the centres as well. They may not have any blind cats currently but they'll probably have some that'll get on with your boy. The best way to find your boy a friend is to put the feelers out to as many people as possible.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

have you considered leaving word with vets in your area? could well be that your search could save the life of a blind cat about to be pts, which would be wonderful
Hunnybunny
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hunnybunny »

Hi

Please see the link below for 'Wilson'. He is with Leeds Cat Rescue and in desperate need of a forever home.

Cheers

http://leedscatrescue.btck.co.uk/AspecialhomeforWilson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

Oh what a beautiful little boy! I wish I could take him myself! I hope you find a forever home for him soon, either with Deako or another fortunate owner.
Catlady2474
New Cat Chatter

Re: BLIND CAT WANTED AS A NEW FRIEND FOR MARLEY MOO (MANCHESTER)

Post by Catlady2474 »

Hi there I have a lovely little one eyed boy desperate for a loving home