Looking for an indoor / less able cat (Bedford)

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
james_in_turvey
New Cat Chatter

Looking for an indoor / less able cat (Bedford)

Post by james_in_turvey »

Our beloved cat Prucia was unfortunately killed on the road outside our house a few months ago. She was also a rescue cat and the shelter believed she'd be fine as an indoor cat which is why we chose her. Unfortunately, after a few months she clearly wasn't happy being inside all the time so we catproofed our already fairly enclosed rear garden as best we could and she was fine with that for quite some months, until the day we found her by the road. The house is very empty without her so we would very much like to give a home to another rescue cat but, living on a busy road, obviously we can only consider an lifelong indoor cat who is genuinely happy to be home all the time, or one who for whatever reason (disabled, three-legged etc) cannot climb very well, as the garden would be pretty secure for a cat like this.

We'd ideally like an older female because presumably she won't have so much of a youthful urge to go out exploring as Prucia did. We're also keen on black or dark-coloured cats.

Thanks for reading, do please get in touch if you know any suitable candidates.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Looking for an indoor / less able cat (Bedford)

Post by Cat-FAQ »

The following links might be useful for you, if you haven’t already seen them:
Cat Chat’s ‘Cats Needing Homes’ section: http://www.catchat.org/shelter_centre
Or, find your local rescue shelters here: http://www.catchat.org/adoption
Also, some good tips here to keep indoor cats happy: http://www.knowyourcat.info/getcat/indoorcats.htm
Hope that helps.
Allyburton
New Cat Chatter

Post by Allyburton »

Hi,

I know you posted this in January but I wondered if you were still on the look out for an older indoor cat? We have a cat that we are currently looking to rehome, she is fully black and 12 years old but looks like and acts like a youngster. She has been an indoor cat all of her life as she is deaf and she is very happy to be housebound.

I've had her for over ten years as I rescued her when she was quite young but unfortunately due to having two children and not enough time to look after her needs we need to find a home that can offer that fill time care.

If you are still looking let me know and I'll send some pics etc.

Ally
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry allyburton - for some reason this came up as a new post when I mentioned it a couple of days ago, I didn't see the date was January! Good luck!