Home Available for Street Savy Cat:- Iver buckinghamshire

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Tizzy
New Cat Chatter

Home Available for Street Savy Cat:- Iver buckinghamshire

Post by Tizzy »

Lost our Black Tom cat (Old age) who was very street savy did not go near road. Would like to adopt a cat as the place feels empty without him...
Last edited by Tizzy on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jo-Tilly
New Cat Chatter

Re: Home Available for Street Savy Cat:- Iver

Post by Jo-Tilly »

Hi there where a bouts are you looking for a cat, only that I have a very friendly natured black neutered male not very old has decided to live in our garden but deserves a lovely home. I have a older cat and a partner who doesn't like cats!

Desperately needs a new home.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hello Tizzy
First of all welcome to CC. Sorry for the loss of your cat. It is nice of you to offer a home to another Kitty.
Where in the country are you and what exactly do you mean by Street Savvy Cat?
It sounds as though you were very lucky with your cat as every day dozens of 'Street Savvy' cats are killed on the roads.
Some years ago my husband's offer of a new home was turned down by the local Dog's Home because he lived near a busy road - not that he had any intention of letting a dog anywhere near the road.
I think you may face the same problem.
It doesn't matter how smart the cat is it only takes a moments distraction and they are gone.
I do wish you all the best - just a little concerned.
Tizzy
New Cat Chatter

Post by Tizzy »

We are near a busy road so maybe not a good idea... we have had a cat and so have neighbours into old age but maybe just luck.... We have a 4 bed large house on a village high street with large gardens to the back and lots of walls to climb on ours used to stalk across the walls all the time... shame maybe not a good idea...However We used to live away from a busy road but had 2 cats run over as they strayed to a road... Can't win. Never mind back to the tropical fish. But a cat makes a house a home :(
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

You are obviously aware of the problem so I think it is no reason to give up altogether. I was just a little concerned by your first post that you were expecting the cat to roam!
When Willow (our 1st cat) was young she strayed onto the lane just as a car pulling a rattling trailer was approaching. I had seen her go and managed to get into the lane behind her. As the car got closer I went 'WAAAAGH'. The trailer and my shout had the desired effect. Not only does she avoid the road, she doesn't go near the gate! I just wish I had done the same for Gracie - she has phases when she goes for a wander. We followed her once, thinking as she is so tubby that someone else was feeding her. But no, she just crossed a field, mooched about in the woods and sat on a tree stump to sun bathe. So we left her to it!
You can't guarantee anything in this world! There are plenty of cats out there in need of a good home. If you can give one (or 2) the run of the house and nice, big, secure garden, I'd give it a go. You are right a cat does make a home.
Best wishes
Eliz+Cats
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Home Available for Street Savy Cat:- Iver buckinghamshir

Post by Eliz+Cats »

Hi,

Would you consider an indoor-only cat?
Some cats are fine with not going outdoors; and some cats are unable to go outdoors, ie if they are deaf or visually impaired.
timgreen7
New Cat Chatter

Post by timgreen7 »

Giblet needs a new home!

Much loved family pet - a rescue kitten born in Leeds Prison, though increasingly stressed out by two young toddlers (1 and 3) and several other cats on the street. She is a city cat and well used to roads and cars, and has been free roaming all her life.

Giblet is loads of fun and very playful, she is clean and doesn't damage furniture, very affectionate, though not particularly cuddly. She is chipped and neutered, and would suit a house with no kids or other pets... and an energetic owner.

I am deeply saddened at having to rehouse Giblet (we are moving abroad in June), and would travel for the right home. Please feel free to call is you have any queries (07789001370).

Tim
johntruscott
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by johntruscott »

I rescued a most handsome black cat, who turned up starving and desperate at my door, in August last year. I have been trying for some time to find him a permanent home. He's about 3, chipped and neutered, named Jordi, very streetwise having lived rough on the street, playful, sentimental, affectionate. I'm hoping to find him the loving home he needs and deserves

John Truscott