Vomits after eating

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
kev1949
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Vomits after eating

Post by kev1949 »

My feline, around 3 years old is starting to vomit soon after eating. At first, it was just now and again, not every day. Now its getting more regular. Although not every day every feed, its becoming a few days apart. Dry or wet food, makes no difference. At first we thought she must be overeating and gulping it down. But this morning, after going all night without eating, vomited as soon ate a small bowl of wet food.
I suspect she could have a sencertive stomach? So need to try her with something lightweight? Other than the expensive vet food for this ailment, can anyone recommend a food I can buy over the counter :?:
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Vomits after eating

Post by lilynmitz »

This could be something more serious than diet, so she needs to see a vet first to ascertain whether there's an underlying condition causing this. Trying to find alternative diets that work can take weeks, which may delay treatment of something more serious if it's not down to diet.

So vet first, as soon as possible I'd say.
kev1949
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by kev1949 »

Yes, have to agree with that. Shortly after posting my query, decided a vet appointment.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Good luck at the vets - I hope you can get to the bottom of it. :)
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

How did you get on at the vets? I hope she's on the mend now.
TJH72
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by TJH72 »

Hopefully it is nothing more than a sensitive stomach. My old lady has always had a similar problem but she was a very fussy eater (not so much now). She's 19 now and has CKD. She's fine on the Royal Canon renal diet but the Hills one makes her sick. I think they both do a 'sensitive stomach' range you could try. Probably not available in supermarkets but you can certainly buy in Pets at Home.