Lumpy node

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Nikki C
Frequent Cat Chatter

Lumpy node

Post by Nikki C »

George went to the vet yesterday for his injection and the vet found a lump on one of the lymph nodes in his leg.
It's in the same leg as where it was all swollen a couple of weeks ago (and still is a bit) so the vet said to try not to worry and bring him back if it's the same in a couple of weeks.
He's grand in himself, eating and drinking as normal.
It's difficult not to worry though and am trying to stay off Google as everything points to cancer!
vic23
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Lumpy node

Post by vic23 »

Hi Nikki,

Sorry to hear about George but it really could be nothing. Please try to stop googling as it always seems to bring up worst case scenarios - I am the queen of googling signs and symptoms - I have been googling for about 2 months and all it does is panic me. Ultimately, googling and then worrying doesn't help or change the situation, so best to avoid (I wish I could take my own advice!).

I hope George is given a clean bill of health next time he visits the vets. Lymph nodes can change due to infection I think - He might have a mild infection or something, which is causing it.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

As vic23 says it could be due to an infection and nothing scary, I really hope it is. xx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

The trouble is with those internet articles is that they have to cover all possibilities, which is what makes them so scary, and, equally, so vague...yes I too am a veteran of the damn things but they're rarely much good when what you want are concrete facts.

As Vic and Crewella have said, the lymph glands can change if there's any infection; it's the body's defence system; it's what happens when you come down with a bad sore throat or whatever and feel all achey and stiff round your neck; that's the lymph glands going into action and a good thing too.

Good luck George, paws crossed x
Nikki C
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Nikki C »

Aw thanks for the replies.
I've kept away from Google and will see whether the lump gets any smaller over the next few days.
Main thing is, George seems fine in himself at the minute.
Nikki C
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Nikki C »

Good news. I took George to the vet on Friday for his lumpy lymph node checked and it seems like all is well. What a relief! still got to keep an eye on it but it's gone to normal size now.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

That's good news, you must be so pleased. :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Ah that's good, hope all is well now :)