Info on FPV

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Info on FPV

Post by bobbys girl »

Got this in my inbox this morning. I was clueless about FPV before I read this. I thought it might be of interest and give some useful info. Hope we never have to experience this with our little ones.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/he ... 1739957529
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Info on FPV

Post by Crewella »

I didn't know much either, thanks Sue. xx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Info on FPV

Post by Lilith »

In the early 80s I worried like mad over panleukopenia, as I'd had three kittens with these symptoms from a local rescue and all, heartbreakingly, died. I took them to the vet, of course, but all that could be done in those days was antibiotics and 'light diet' ie chicken and white fish, which still came back or ran through them, and dosing them exhausted the poor little things even more. It could of course have been neglect before they came to the rescue, worms, and teething problems...dehydration from vomiting/diarrohea could well have been the killer too; rehydration was only just beginning to be recognised as a lifesaver (saline-glucose in its crude form.)

Whatever the cause with my three, FPV is horrific but rare, and I'm glad to say my older cats didn't catch it if that's what it was. I'll always remember Oscar, Mary Rose and Jago...kisses and still so sorry I let you down :cry:

Thanks for posting; we need to be aware :)