Small lump on my cat's face

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Aunty Stick
New Cat Chatter

Small lump on my cat's face

Post by Aunty Stick »

Hi all,

I noticed today that Puss has a small red-ish lump protruding from her fur, just under her right eye. At first I thought it may have just been a bit of a goober, so I tried wiping it off with my finger, but although it felt sort of loose, it wouldn't come off. Although she wasn't very happy about me trying to rub this thing off, it doesn't seem to be hurting her (she didn't run and hide under the couch and she jumped on my lap again a few minutes later and gave me 'lovey eyes' again).

I've attached photos. Any ideas?
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG
IMG_0240.JPG
Thanks.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Small lump on my cat's face

Post by Kay »

If it appeared suddenly I would suspect a wound rather than a growth, but I'd ask your vet to check it out if it discharges, or gets bigger very quickly. My Tiffany has a small lump on her lower eyelid, but that is brown and smooth and has been growing very slowly for more than a year
Aunty Stick
New Cat Chatter

Re: Small lump on my cat's face

Post by Aunty Stick »

Kay wrote:If it appeared suddenly I would suspect a wound rather than a growth, but I'd ask your vet to check it out if it discharges, or gets bigger very quickly. My Tiffany has a small lump on her lower eyelid, but that is brown and smooth and has been growing very slowly for more than a year
Thanks for your reply. It doesn't seem to be any bigger today, nor is there discharge. I'll keep an eye on it, but I think she's okay - she still doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Fingers crossed!