cat spraying- advice needed!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Rachaell
New Cat Chatter

cat spraying- advice needed!

Post by Rachaell »

Hi everyone, I'm after some advice please.

How do I get my cat to stop spraying/marking around the house? He was initially triggered due to other cats outside the house. Now he's been an indoor only cat for a year but he still does it. We've tried everything- cystease, zykelene, calmex, catnip, rescue remedy, valerian, feliway plug ins in every room as well as the feliway spray. We've enhanced his environment with interactive toys, cat trees, beds in high places, play sessions every day. He's a nervous disposition, jumps at the slightest thing, very needly and clingy with me. I'm at my wits end! My house stinks, he is doing it many times a day.

The vets don't help, they just tell me to use feliway and zykelene everytime I go which I have been doing for a year now to no avail. He was neutered at 3 months old and has been routinely tested by vets for uti's etc, physically there is no reason for him to do it. He uses the litter box properly. Any advice greatly appreciated!
TJ82
New Cat Chatter

Re: cat spraying- advice needed!

Post by TJ82 »

Hi,

I am at my wits end with the exact same problem. I have no idea what to try next!

For the first time a couple of weeks ago, my cat walked up to me on my bed and sprayed on me!

Have you had any advice on what to do?

Thanks
Red wine lady
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: cat spraying- advice needed!

Post by Red wine lady »

Have either of you had any joy yet ??

After coming to the end of our Feliway diffuser (and not getting a refill) our cat has started to spray behind the TV again!! I don't want to spend the next 10 years buying Feliway...he is a 6 year old indoor cat who we have had for 3 months. He is happy, well looked after and spoilt. Suggestions ?

Update...I've bought another Feliway! I am hoping that cures it xx