Strange Looking Vomit (warning, might make you feel queasy!)

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
BabyBerlioz
Frequent Cat Chatter

Strange Looking Vomit (warning, might make you feel queasy!)

Post by BabyBerlioz »

I woke up this morning to a strange pile of something in the hall. On closer inspection I concluded that it must be vomit. I looked just like the wet cat food Berlioz had eaten just about an hour before I went to bed. It was pretty solid though and did not smell and it had these white pieces in it, about the size of 5p pieces that looked like cooked boiled egg whites. I got the gloves on to poke it and it had a texture that looked like that too.

My boy is absolutely fine, just his regular self but I am totally bemused as to the cause and content of this sick. He does not have access to the kitchen at night and there was no signs of anything being disturbed that he has gotten into, there is no food or bins anywhere else he could have been in.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Strange Looking Vomit (warning, might make you feel queasy!)

Post by Lilith »

Hi, does he go out? Because my first thought was, tapeworm segments. No disgrace, just a normal hazard of a roaming and hunting cat, and they are often vomited as well as passed out the other end. Soon treated.

If not, it does sound like something undigested that he's nibbled on. Have you examined a piece? Does he chew plastic or anything like that? (My Molly's a fiend for rubber bands; her favourite prey, daren't let her have them but cats will be cats.)

What about cheese? Does he like feta or similar?

At least, whatever it is, it's better out than in, as the actress said to the bishop - sorry :oops:

All the best, hope it was just a passing hiccup and that he's fine now :)
BabyBerlioz
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Strange Looking Vomit (warning, might make you feel queasy!)

Post by BabyBerlioz »

Haha :D

No he is an indoor cat (should have mentioned that) but I still treat him for fleas and worms, just not as often as an outdoor cat. Just quite a mystery and I would swear it was cooked egg but unless someone posted it through the letterbox during the night I don't know where it came from, lol! It was def not plastic, it was soft. He will try and eat random things like cardboard and these wee tear off strips from poly bags I use for work so am I super careful with these when I am using them. Yet, he will not even lick a piece of dry cat food or a treat :D

Hope it was a one off :D