Problem with rehoused kitten and weeing everywhere

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
KarenG15
New Cat Chatter

Problem with rehoused kitten and weeing everywhere

Post by KarenG15 »

I wonder if anyone can help
We adopted a one year old cat 2months ago. She is completely fit and healthy and has bonded with our other cat.
Through the day she is fine but at night she comes onto our bed and urinates on it. If I leave a pile of clothes on the floor she will go and wee on it. It seems that it's the'heap of cloth' that she has to wee on. She has cat litter that only she uses, that is changed daily.
I'm at my wits end. Can anyone suggest anything
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Problem with rehoused kitten and weeing everywhere

Post by Kay »

I have no personal experience of inappropriate weeing myself (touch wood) but have read of cats liking to water soft materials more than once - apparently it is not uncommon

one thing that occurs to me from your post though - does she pee on clean bedding and clothes, or only stuff that smells of you? if the answer to that is the latter, then she may be marking 'her' possessions to warn off your other cat

and do you use soft or hard litter? changing it every day suggest you are using hard, and you are removing her scent too often - changing to a ultra fine clumping litter would offer her a soft surface and as you would only remove the clumps her scent would linger in the tray