Black stuff around cat's mouth and legs

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
courtneyhope15
New Cat Chatter

Black stuff around cat's mouth and legs

Post by courtneyhope15 »

Hi,

One of my siblings sent me a photograph of one of our cats yesterday (I'm away at University) and said she'd come home from school to find her with black stuff, almost like dirt or dried blood, around her mouth and on two of her legs. She hadn't been outside all day and therefore had only been in the house. There's no sign of blood anywhere around the house, any sick, or anything of the sort, nor is there anything she could have ate that would be bad for her, or anything that she'd have hurt herself on.

We have no idea what it is. She's eating and drinking as usual but has now proceeded to curl up in my sisters' dressing gown and sleep, breathing very slowly and being almost unresponsive to food we hold in front of her or water we try to give her. She's also very smelly.

We've made an appointment at the vets via their emergency contact line for 9 am tomorrow but we're worried she won't last that long and the vet was unsure of what was wrong with her and said they could do nothing to her until the morning anyway.

If anyone would be able to help that would be great.

Thank you :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Black stuff around cat's mouth and legs

Post by Lilith »

Hi Courtney and welcome. I'm sorry I can't help, but just wanted to say good luck, and how is she today? All the very best.
elastu
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Re: Black stuff around cat's mouth and legs

Post by elastu »

How is your little one now please?