Cat bald patch

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Tommo
New Cat Chatter

Cat bald patch

Post by Tommo »

Hi I just wanted to make a quick topic on here as we aren't able to get into vets until tomorrow.
Our cat came back in on Monday night with a slight bald patch on her neck but with absolutely no blood or any sign of distress from her. Over the next few days it's got a little worse and worse looking with the bald patch getting larger but she's still acting absolutely fine and eating perfectly. She's licked the patch so much that I think she's drawn blood herself and the patch is maybe 4x the size of what it was on Monday night.
Anyone have any idea of what this could be or if it could be more serious than we think?

https://gyazo.com/3552d34d4339b736b940e835eb73105a (picture of patch)

Thanks.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat bald patch

Post by Lilith »

Hi Tommo and welcome - that looks nasty! It looks shiny and wet, as if it's an allergic reaction; I do hope the vet manages to give her some relief. All the very best; please keep in touch and let us know how she goes on.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat bald patch

Post by Kay »

It looks very like the sore bald area by Tiffany got in the same place following her annual boosters - the uniform shape and smoothness suggest allergy to me - it used to heal over after a couple of months.

In Tiffany's case, as each year the skin reaction got worse, the vet advised stopping the boosters, and it never reoccurred, though whether it was the vaccine itself, or some other component of the solution, or even the needle, we never did find out