Cut on pad

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Rubirabbit
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Cut on pad

Post by Rubirabbit »

Dimitri has a small cut on his front paw pad ( not sure how he did it ). I have bathed it with warm salt water. Can I put cream on it and if so which cream could I use please?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Cut on pad

Post by Lilith »

Hi, warm salt water is the finest thing out, he'll only lick cream off, or walk it everywhere. Bathe two or three times a day but if the cut stays wet, or shows any sign of inflammation, I'd get him to the vet. I reckon he'll be fine with home treatment though.

Errm, could this have been caused by a crafty bunny taking its revenge for Dmitri's loutish behaviour recently? :lol:
Rubirabbit
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Rubirabbit »

I'm not sure how it happened. It doesn't look too serious but it's obviously sore as he cries pitifully when its bathed and assumes a woeful expression. He gets a treat afterwards which makes him forget all about it in an instant :lol:

We've made some progress with the buns - I hope. I've yelled and hissed at him loud enough to make him desist and go and hide. I think he just got fed up of being yelled at :lol: He doesn't seem to like it when I'm upset with him, there's always some serious creeping as he tries to get back in my good books.

Several days ago he was in the conservatory with us and Peppermint came into the computer room. The adjoining doors were open. He would have liked to chase her and it took all his resolves to restrain himself but he did listen when I told him NO quietly and firmly.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I agree with Lilith, salt water is probably as good as anything. Bathe it regularly and make sure it isn't weeping or inflamed and he will probably be fine without vet treatment.

Sounds like the training is going well, and he is realising that he has done something wrong if he goes for the bunnies. If he does obey when you say 'no' make sure you give him a treat or a big fuss as a reward to let him know you are pleased with him and what he did was what you wanted.