Help please

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
sethm6
New Cat Chatter

Help please

Post by sethm6 »

So I've had three cats for awhile now and they've always gotten allong great. They groom, eat, and sleep together all the time but I recently adopted a new kitten. My existing cats are 2 9-10 month olds and a year and 8 months, and the new kitten is 4 months old. (Female and spayed) When I first brought the kitten home and introduced her to all of my existing cats they were all fine but then all of the sudden the nine month old female (not spayed yet) freaked out and started hissing and growling. Now two days later the female kitten hisses when ever she sees the other 9 month old male (not nuetered) who is also her brother, and if she even smells the scent of the new kitten she will his and get very agressive. But the oldest cat (females and spayed) is able to get along with both of the other existing cats and they new kitten. I have to keep the kitten and the 9 month old female separated from everyone else now. What should I do to get them all to get along and be in the same room without the 9month old female getting so agressive? I've tried swapping scents and letting them explore each other rooms and while the kitten takes well to this the 9 month old kitten just gets very agressive and stressed out when ever I try to introduce the new kittens scent. All in all I want to know why the 9 month old female is so aggressive towards her brother all of the sudden? And how can I introduce the new kitten to the two month old female without them getting so agressive?