Mouth/Lip/rodent/indolent Ulcer

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Jauntyjet
New Cat Chatter

Mouth/Lip/rodent/indolent Ulcer

Post by Jauntyjet »

Hi there, has anyone experienced chronic mouth ulcers with their cat? Mine is 7yo and FIV+, recently had all teeth except fangs removed as we believed they were causing his ulcers. He’s on antibiotics (again) and this time the ulcer is bigger and grew black spurs out of it. Does anyone know what/why the spurs grow and if there’s any home remedy or food I can give to assist the antibiotics? I already give him a lysine pill everyday in his food. Thanks in advance!
Note: he eats/drinks from metal bowls, has a mixture of wet and dry food per day and is difficult to administer anything orally or physically control in general as he’s 7kg’s and a BIG cat.
Sniper1
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 18

Re: Mouth/Lip/rodent/indolent Ulcer

Post by Sniper1 »

I can only speak from experience and suggest things you can try the best antibiotic i have found for your problem has been stomagyl but it does need giving orally by hand due to bitterness I have also found buy a good multivitamin powder and a pure brewers yeast powder ( you can get it from good health food shops) and dust his dry food with both powders if your concerned about giving too many vitamins the yeast powder contains b vitamins which are water soluble so excess gets flushed out of the body not stored hopefully the above will help strengthen his immunity