Cats Sharing Litter Tray

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Fatty Catty
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Cats Sharing Litter Tray

Post by Fatty Catty »

Hi, I've got two sisters I've had since babies, they'll be 12 in August.

Daisy up until a few years ago did all her business outside but Rosie has always used a tray, coming in from outside to use it!

With them now both using trays I always have at least 2 in my flat but for some reason keep using the same one! And this angers Rosie! If I don't clean out Daisy's pee/poop fast enough Rosie refuses to use it and goes next to the thing! Even if there's a nice clean one in another room!

I've tried putting the tray in various places and even bought exactly the same tray in case they didn't like it, as well as different litter in case her preference has changed. But no!
Rosie has had cystitis/uti probs in the past but she tends to cry and goes well away from the tray so don't think it's that.

Not sure what to do but mopping constantly and not sure what else to try!!
Thanks for any hep :)
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Cats Sharing Litter Tray

Post by booktigger »

Can you put them next to each other?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

it might be that Rosie will only use a tray that smells of Rosie, and that is ruling out using a clean tray as well as one used by Daisy

next to each other might help, or a giant tray which will allow them to share without encroaching - a basic baby bath can work
Fatty Catty
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Fatty Catty »

Sorry last post was supposed to say help,not hep!

Yes I've tried next to each other, pretty much everywhere I can really in various combos!
It's never been as much of a problem as it has been recently with her going around it.
Just wish Daisy would use the clean one rather than the one that stinks of Rosie! Been her spot for many years. Like she's taunting her!!

A huge tray or baby bath definitely worth a try, thanks hadn't thought of that.

Thanks for replies.