Outdoor cat needs to stay indoors

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
jon
New Cat Chatter

Outdoor cat needs to stay indoors

Post by jon »

I've lived in a townhome for about a year and I installed a pet door for my kitty to wander outside to inside at will. At night I would bring her in and lock the kitty door so she would stay in during sleeping time. But now my manager said my cat has to be indoors and cannot roam unattended anymore. Now I have a stressed kitty at home; can she adjust to this new rule? I have a daughter with a home that would allow kitty to go back outdoors would this be this best thing for her? I could sure use any advice.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Outdoor cat needs to stay indoors

Post by Janey »

Hi and welcome Jon. If your manager is adamant that your cat has to stay indoors and your cat is stressed then it would definitely be better to find her a home where she has safe outdoor access. It is good that you’re thinking of her interests above your own and are willing to find her the right home that makes her happy. If that’s with your daughter then it’s a bonus that you will at least be able to still see her too. I hope all goes well.