Barley''s Snip

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
lazarus
Experienced Cat Chatter

Barley''s Snip

Post by lazarus »

4 month old Barley visit's the vet on Tuesday to get the snip, his sister Bree has to wait until she's about 6 month''s old.As brother and sister the spend a lot of time grooming/washing each other, when Barley comes home after neutering should I keep both cats in separate rooms for a few days? Will bree try to lick barley''s wound thinking she''s doing him a favour. As both kitties have never been outdoors yet except for in the car they do not have any bugs etc that could cause infection ...I think.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Barley''s Snip

Post by booktigger »

I'm surprised the vet is making you wait for the female. Males don't really have a wound as such, and rarely bother with them, so hopefully she won't.
lazarus
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: Barley''s Snip

Post by lazarus »

Bree (female) is I think going to be a small cat I think, petite even. Although she is putting on weight weekly she is 1.78 kg at the moment. She puts on between 10 and 15 grams per week, I weigh them both weekly. Her feeding has changed a little over the past few days, usually she wont eat much more than 70-75 grams per portion of wet food, sometimes she will eat it all sometimes she will eat on 3/4 or half. They are still on 3 meals a day. Both are very active during their mad half hour's tearing around the house at 90 mph chasing each other :D :roll:

I suspect the second teeth are starting to push through (teething?) and perhaps this is why she does not eat the full portion, both cats seem to be biting their toys a bit harder recently and when they have access to a cardboard box they love biting the edges of it, hopefully this will pass soon.

Barley, there is no problem food wise with him, I'm sure if I put a whole 400 gram tin of food out for him he would do his best to try and devour it all in one sitting :D He is going to be a large cat, he currently weighs in at 2.38 kg and it all seems muscle and not fat.