Gastroenteritis symptoms repeating

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Britnijustine
Returning Cat Chatter

Gastroenteritis symptoms repeating

Post by Britnijustine »

Hi fellow feline friends,

I posted something about this in the FIV + chat as my newly adopted cat is FIV +, about a week or so ago my cat, Ronan, stopped eating, started vomiting quite frequently, couldn’t even hold down water and hadn’t had a solid bowel movement for a few days. I took him to the vet and via X-rays we found that he had eaten something, I surmised it was a toy after finding the remains torn into little bits in my apartment, he was getting his appetite back and was having normal bowel movements no vomiting and then two days ago vomited a couple time and stopped going to the bathroom (still urinating) the difference is is that he can keep down water but isn’t interested in food or treats. Could he have eaten something else? Or could he be constipated? What are the odds?
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Gastroenteritis symptoms repeating

Post by Janey »

If he’s the same today I would just check with the vet in case there’s still a problem. Did the vet say if what he’d eaten had come away? I’m just wondering with the x-ray showing something there.