Proper feeding

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
HarleyQuinn
New Cat Chatter

Proper feeding

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Hi all! I need some advice on proper feeding for my cat. It has been awhile since i've had a kitten around, as my almost 10 year old cat passed last summer. My newest girl Harley is turning 10 months this month. Since being spayed she went from a tiny little skinny critter to growing very fast now to an adult kitty size! She is certainly growing and she seems to be alot more hungry. What is typical protocol for feeding at this age? I feed her canned food (the cans are saying to feed her way more than I am) I am feeding her a can and a half spread across the day (morning, afternoon,night) and I leave out a dish of grain free kitten dry food in a small bowl to free feed (she usually eats the whole bowl throughout the day nibbling) im just curious what is the right amount. She is certainly grown, she is not starving by any means lol she just seems alot more hungry these days. I want to make sure im not going her too little or too much. Any tips appreciated! :P
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Proper feeding

Post by alanc »

According to my cat care book, 40 week old kittens should have about 141g (if 2.2kg) to 243g (if 3.8kg) of canned kitten food per day.