I think my cousin's cat is sick. What should I do?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
petlover001
New Cat Chatter

I think my cousin's cat is sick. What should I do?

Post by petlover001 »

I was supposed to go to this party but now I’m stuck at home for the weekend, babysitting my cousin’s cat. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t anything I fed him because I strictly followed my cousin’s instructions and used the cat food from his cupboard. Now he’s vomited twice since he woke up this morning, seems really weak and has been taking a lot more naps than usual. My cousin’s away on one of those multiple city singles tours and idk what to do. Should I take Mr. Wiggles to the vet or wait for my cousin to come back? Help!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: I think my cousin's cat is sick. What should I do?

Post by Lilith »

Hi and welcome.

They always plan it for the most inconvenient time, don't they?

It may be nothing but yes, to be on the safe side, I'd take him to the vet, poor chap. It may be nothing at all, but best to make sure. Hope he's ok, please let us know how he goes on.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by fjm »

I would definitely take him to the vet - much better safe than sorry.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Hopefully it's nothing more than a hair ball, but I have to agree, if in doubt get him to a vets. You might also want to take an unopened pack of the food you were told to give him so you can let the vet know the full details of what he was fed and how often etc.

If it's nothing you and your cousin will laugh about it in years to come, if it is something more serious your cousin will be really grateful that you took action straight away.