Stray Cat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
carling3105
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Stray Cat

Post by carling3105 »

Today i found a cat in my drive underneath my car.
It was making a horrid meow. I decided to give it a pouch of food and it finished it very quickly so was obviously hungry. It is tame and will let me touch it, but seems very anxious and unsettled. I keep going back to see if it is still there, and it appers everytime. What shall i do?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Stray Cat

Post by Lilith »

Hi, there is some good advice here -

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... lost-found

Poor guy, sounds terrified; I wonder if s/he's had some sort of fright and run off and lost his/her way?

I hope you can trace ownership and keep him/her coming for a meal until the home is found - good luck and good on you for helping :)
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Maybe Cats Protection or the RSPCA would come and check it for a microchip. Or, if you have a cat carrier and can catch the cat, you could take it to a vet, who again should be able to scan it for a chip.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

If you do try to catch the cat use strong work gloves. A frightened cat will bite, and cat bites means hefty AB injections. Luring into a carrier or cat trap with food is a better option!
beloved2000
New Cat Chatter

Post by beloved2000 »

I just acquired a small kitten whose meow is weak and she's healthy I haven't taken to the vet yet but just a little concerned about her meow being weak she's about 3 months old now she was weaned off of her mother correctly after about 12 weeks and so she's doing really well she's kind of fat to any suggestions let me know
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hi Beloved and welcome. I wouldn't worry too much about a weak miaow - I used to have a hefty ginger tom who could only manage a feeble tweet ... I once had to take him to the vet and a woman in the waiting room who'd been eyeing his cardboard carrier asked me, 'have you got a budgie in there?'

If your girl's eating well and putting on weight and the tray contents are ok, that sounds fine; always a good idea to have a vet check if you're at all concerned, if you see runny eyes or nose for instance or hear her snuffle, but some cats just don't vocalise much ... well, as she gets to know you and starts being bossy (as they do) you may find she gets louder lol.

All the very best with her :)