Cat Peeing at the Front door

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
NewhamCat
New Cat Chatter

Cat Peeing at the Front door

Post by NewhamCat »

Hi

We adopted two cats, a Mother and Daughter. The mother has started peeing at the front door. She does still use the litter tray and it's 2-3 times a week.

We lost two mats to the cat, we have stopped putting a mat down but that means it's just the exposed underlay

We have put down puppy pads to at least catch the pee

She goes outside and is fine, we have fellaway, a microchip cat flap,

The fact she still uses the other litter trays (3 of them for 2 cats) says it's not a UTI

We have sprayed the door area with Vinegar, cleaned thoroughly we have a fireguard to deter her from going to the front door, she now jumps over it

I'm at my wit's end
AndyMac
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Re: Cat Peeing at the Front door

Post by AndyMac »

My cat used to do this also - well she peed against the box which housed the electricity meter which was beside the front door. I had to put puppy pads up against the box and on the floor as it was random when she did it. She also used to pee against the leather sofa in the living room as well as the kitchen work top. I had her at the vet and all was fine and surmised she was aware of the cat across the street coming into my garden and laying at the front door on the other side and as I was at work and she couldnt get out she must have been marking her territory. I managed to get the neighbours cat to stay away by throwing water at it and the peeing stopped but every now and then I would come home from work to find she had sprayed again.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat Peeing at the Front door

Post by Kay »

agree with AndyMac - peeing at a threshold often means there is something on the other side the pee-er wants to warn off

there are cat repellents you could spray on the outside of the door, but undiluted vinegar might do the trick, and orange peel deters most cats too