Introducing Tilly the Maine Coon

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Introducing Tilly the Maine Coon

Post by alanc »

Having posted a few comments relating to her, and having managed to shrink a few pictures, I thought I had better introduce you all to Tilly, my beautiful Maine Coon. She is over a yard long from nose to tail, is 5 years 8 months old (so has finally stopped growing) and has lead a pampered life here in West Oxfordshire.
Until 3 months ago, I had another Maine Coon, a big grey softy cat called Badger. Sadly, he developed a tumor on his spleen and, although he survived the operation to remove it, died next day in his sleep. He was only 5 and a half. I still miss him.
Last year I had a local artist do a painting of them both, which I think captures their looks very well.
I bought Badger and Tilly as 12 week old kittens. They are the only cats I have had where I have known who their mother is, let alone who their great-great-great grandfather is! All my previous cats have been rescue Moggies.
Finally, I attach a picture of Tay the tubby. Tay officially lives next door, but seems to spend a lot of time in my house. He is what I believe is called a "Cuddle bunny", so when his owner is out, he comes round to see me (and scoff Tilly's left overs)!
Attachments
TayP1090035vs.jpg
(147.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Badger and Tilly portrait small.jpg
(75.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BadgerIMG_4944vs.jpg
(49.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
TillyP1010889vs.JPG
(120.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Introducing Tilly the Maine Coon

Post by Crewella »

Awwww, lovely pics - well worth the effort!

Tilly is absolutely gorgeous, as is poor Badger RIP, and Tay does indeed look like a cuddlebunny!

I love the portrait too. I don't usually like animal portraits as they so often seem to be just pictures of cats or dogs and not really catch the character of the sitter, but your one really does seem to be a proper 'portrait'. Lovely to have it of them together, too.
suelily
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by suelily »

Beautiful cats. I shall have to try to get a profile photo of my 2 if they would stay at peace long enough to catch them. Lol
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Lovely photo's of two Aristocats (very regal) and a Cuddle Bunny! :)

The secret with animal portraits is to get the eyes right.