SureFlap DualScan Microchip Cat Flap Feedback/alternatives?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Batfink
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 5

SureFlap DualScan Microchip Cat Flap Feedback/alternatives?

Post by Batfink »

Hi,

We have just come home from the vets with one of our cats after a 3 day stint on a drip and need to be able to keep him as an indoor cat as he has gone blind and has kidney problems. He's only 7 and we're still not sure if he will be with us for much longer so are taking every day as it comes and hoping kidney diet and medication will keep him happy. Our other four cats are used to going out and it caused all sorts of health and behavioural problems when we tried to keep them in previously. I thought microchip cat flaps only controlled in coming cats but was really pleased to find the new SureFlap DualScan flap: http://www.sureflap.co.uk/products/deta ... p-cat-flap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was wondering if anyone had one and could give any feedback on it?

Also, anyone come across any other makes/models that allow you to control both incoming and outgoing cats using a microchip to allow for indoor only cats and indoor/outdoor cats? I've tried a Google search but so far can only find the SureFlap.

I really appreciate your time and any feedback you can give.