Can you walk ur cat in Belfast

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Fiona b
New Cat Chatter

Can you walk ur cat in Belfast

Post by Fiona b »

My cat is too lazy and is gaining weight and we have tried putting her on a diet but it's not working :roll: :? . So I got A cat harness and lead but is there any places I can walk her, like cat friendly places In Belfast

Please reply confused cat owner lol :roll: :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Can you walk ur cat in Belfast

Post by bobbys girl »

Belfast is the sort of place you could walk an elephant and no one would bat an eyelid, though you might be followed by a line of small children (then you would have a crocodile as well as an elephant - sorry couldn't resist that :roll: )

Joking aside I would try harder with the diet. Few cats are happy in a harness. They are OK in emergencies - if you have to travel and take your cat. But on a regular basis it would probably stress her too much.

I know how difficult it is to put a cat on a diet. Our Gracie is like a little pig bin. She just does the rounds hoovering up what the others leave.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Please, if she's at all scared when you take her out, please don't force her. Some cats don't go out for a reason, ie they find it too frightening, and if she's not used to going out, it may take her a long time to adjust, so please let her adjust to this in her own time, and if it really scares her, don't force her.

Obviously wherever you take her will have to be free from roaming dogs, as there won't be anywhere for her to run to when she's on a leash. I don't know Belfast at all, so can't offer more advice than this really.

You could try exercising her in the house with active toys like laser pens, Da BIrd, or anything that gets her running about.
Raven75
New Cat Chatter

Post by Raven75 »

My cat is an indoor cat..and loves to go out on his harness..so I'm asking also is there anywhere in belfast to take your cat for a nice walk without him getting attacked by a dog that's not on its lead? Thanks :)