Nasal tumour

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Pinkcat1771
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Nasal tumour

Post by Pinkcat1771 »

Hi,

My twelve year old cat has just been diagnosed with nasal cancer today. He's had what we thought were ongoing URI's since we moved into our new house about six months ago. We initially thought it was allergies caused by new carpets etc

Has anyone else had experience of nasal cancer in a cat?

In the last six weeks he has got more snuffly with nasal discharge. He's just on Metacam, which is an anti inflammatory. He's his normal self at the moment and is eating and drinking well.

If you know of any similar cases I'd be interested to hear from you.

Thanks.
bellacat
New Cat Chatter

Re: Nasal tumour

Post by bellacat »

Hi - I appreciate it's nearly a year since you posted, but our 10 year old also has a nasal tumour.

She is currently on prednisol but they are starting to be less effective than they have been

I wonder if you would be able to post back on how your kitty progressed?

Thank you
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Nasal tumour

Post by booktigger »

bellacat wrote:Hi - I appreciate it's nearly a year since you posted, but our 10 year old also has a nasal tumour.

She is currently on prednisol but they are starting to be less effective than they have been

I wonder if you would be able to post back on how your kitty progressed?

Thank you
I'd ask them to swap to Metacam, its a Cox inhibitor which slows certain cancers