Cat Meowing

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
varsha10
New Cat Chatter

Cat Meowing

Post by varsha10 »

Hi,

Recently my cat started meowing continuously in the night even though it was raining , he went out and started meowing. It was the day of festival , When he started meowing. May be he was scared because of crackers. He is not too old. He is in mid age.
Please advice as how to make him stop meowing as he is not staying inside the house also.

Thanks,
Varsha
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat Meowing

Post by Lilith »

Hi Varsha and welcome - your little guy sounds to have got quite excited about all the recent festivities - personally I'd just give him time to calm down and resume his normal routine. My youngest cat has been growling at the rockets going off but she's now back to snoozing on the duvet as usual.

All the very best with him :)
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Cat Meowing

Post by lilynmitz »

I'd add that you should keep him in while the festivities are going on. Firecrackers can be very frightening to cats, and he may run off and not find his way back. My cat Mo was fine with fireworks outside each year until he got caught outside when neighbours suddenly had a firework party a few days after it was all supposed to have ended. He was terrified of them forever after, even if they were just on the telly.

Has he been neutered? The other reason for his calling may be that there's a female cat on heat nearby. If he hasn't been done, please get him done asap, to prevent yet more litters of unwanted and stray kittens, and also to stop him wandering and getting into fights. There are a hundred good reasons for getting him neutered, and not one for not doing so.