Catflap help.....please!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Paka Wangu
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Catflap help.....please!

Post by Paka Wangu »

Hello cat lovers. This is my first post.

I have two Abyssinians, one of whom is strong and determined.

Our current Staywell, even in the 'in-only' position is no problem for him.........he casts me a sardonic look and pulls the catflap open in one, and pops out.

I've read the Sure catflaps are good.......do you think they are 'pull open' proof....?
Last edited by Paka Wangu on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Catflap help.....please!

Post by alanc »

Hi
I think you might want the Sureflap DualScan, which has a locking bar which rises on the inside which ought to defeat him. The locking bar is there to stop unwanted cats coming in, but should also stop him puling it open. If it is like the Petflap I have, it will have a curfew mode to stop him going out at certain times. I would suggest having a look at one first though, just to check!
Alan
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

I've got the Sureflap Dual-scan as well, and can thoroughly recommend it. You can programme it to "in only", which would mean you'd have to let him out manually, but he can still get back in using the microchip release. I defy any cat to open it in that mode! And of course, it stops unregistered cats getting in at all.

If you programme him to "in and out", you can still set the dial at the bottom manually, but it's probably not a "houdini-proof" as the microchip-operated release bar.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

We have an ordinary flap set on 'in only' Kasper worked out how to pull the flap inwards on day 2 of living here! :)