new kittens

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
missmonster17
Returning Cat Chatter

new kittens

Post by missmonster17 »

Last edited by missmonster17 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: new kittens

Post by booktigger »

No cat should be left on their own for a week, much less a new mum and kittens. Please do get her neutered after this litter, there are too many unwanted cats already.
missmonster17
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by missmonster17 »

Last edited by missmonster17 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Sorry, but I do have to ask... you weren't seriously thinking of leaving your cat - kittens or not - alone for a whole week? :shock: :(

But very glad to hear that you are getting her spayed as soon as you can, and if possible - maybe find a good vet that will also agree to spay the kittens quite young, so they are 'done' before you rehome them. Quite a few rescues now neuter / spay at 12 weeks which is also a perfect age for a kitten to go to a new home
missmonster17
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by missmonster17 »

meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

missmonster17 wrote:first of all i only asked the question because someone told me i could. i came on here for advice not to be made out to be an idiot!
so NO i will not be leaving them alone. I spay and neuter all of my animal and i understand that we have so many animals in this world that need homes.
As for the kittens i plan on keeping them. and the only reason my cat is not spayed yet is because when we took her to the vet to get checked out after adopting her we found out she was pregnant which was a surprise, i hope i explained that all clearly!
I promise I did not mean to make you out an idiot, but sadly we've had some of the most odd questions on this forum so I just had to ask

I did get the bit about finding out about her being pregnant after you got her and well done on keeping the kittens; that'll be keeping you busy when the time comes! :) but huge fun
missmonster17
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by missmonster17 »

yes Penelope is a Main coon, she is such a sweetheart! some lady was giving her away im sure she knew she was pregnant but didnt want to tell us
i love cats so it was a very welcomed surprise and the kittens are doing wonderful :)
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

ooooh 1/2 MC kittens - they'll be gorgeous (working on the assumption that the dad isn't an MC hence mom cat being given up)
missmonster17
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by missmonster17 »

im not sure what the father was? 2 of the 4 kittens looks just like her and the other 2 are solid white. i am definitely excited to watch them grow up! :D