Strorm Katie

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Strorm Katie

Post by alanc »

So how have your cats coped with the return of the wild weather? Tilly nipped out first thing to do her business and was back in pretty quick. Looked out of the open kitchen window for about 5 min mid morning, but declined to go out and went back to bed. She hates high winds (as did Badger). Not without reason - she is a very narrow bodied cat with a lot of windage from her long fur, so can easily be blown over.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Strorm Katie

Post by bobbys girl »

Well it does make a refreshing change (we are normally the ones to cop it first) but we had a lovely day today, cold but sunny. Cats were all out frisking around and Bobby was being a little git, chasing Purdy around everywhere.

Hope everyone is safe and well after that storm.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Dave was very uneasy last night. It was as though he knew what was coming. We had very high wind but not as bad as the SE.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Escaped the storm here, but we had a very wet weekend. My recent adoptees were initially indoor cats, but for the last couple of months they've had access to my (enclosed) garden. Since the time when they could go out, I hardly ever have to clean the indoor litter trays - they'd always prefer to go outside. But when we had that driving rain rattling against the windows, they went back to using the indoor facilities. :)
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Same here; three of my lot were glad there were indoor litter boxes :)

Monty, Abbie and Jamie on the other hand went outside; but were super quick and came flying back through the cat flap - bless them
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

It takes very bad weather to persuade Tilly to use the litter tray (like 2ft of snow, when the cat flap won't open). She made up for yesterday today, outside playing in the sun with next doors pair until the rain came.