Cat behaviour

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Nic adam
New Cat Chatter

Cat behaviour

Post by Nic adam »

Hi there, first post, I'm looking for some advice, I got my kitten 6mths ago, his mum and dad are my sisters cats and there purely house cats, mum is black and white, dad is grey tabby, my wee cat looks and behaves like a snowshoe Siamese, is this possible? He is gorgeous and adorable but at the same time requires attention all the time, meows constantly, follows me/family everywhere and hates to be on his own, I was just wondering if he could be a throw back or something.??
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Cat behaviour

Post by Crewella »

The modern moggy is likely to be a mixture of all sorts of breeds, and on top of that kittens from a single litter can have different fathers so anything is possible!! However, if you sister has never let her cats out then, in this case, you do know who the father is so as you say, it might just be some genes lurking in their gene pool that have surfaced in your boy, but he's still a moggy like his brothers and sisters.

I'm sorry to be a nag, but there are so many unwanted cats and kittens in the UK that many are put to sleep. I'm really hoping that your sister has now had her cats neutered so that they don't produce any more. :(