Rant about RSPCA

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Rant about RSPCA

Post by Ruth B »

There is no need to be rude on the phone, unfortunately too many people feel they can bully there way through. My OH works in a call centre, and he has been told if someone is rude, swearing, or shouting, then he can warn them once that the behaviour is unacceptable and if it continues he will put the phone down, and if it does, he will put the phone down, then note it all down and let the supervisor know.

In out case it was pure ignorance, the person didn't know how the benefit system worked. That ignorance has cost them. I am more than happy to give to charity but I am very fussy over what charity I give to and normally start off by donating through an Amazon wish list or similar, I figure that at least you know that a box of cat food is going to the cats not into someone back pocket.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Rant about RSPCA

Post by Lilith »

Or on useless glossy publicity! I have a standing order donating what I can afford atm to a brilliant cat shelter - and if my finances improved, the SO would too. Charity begins with charities who are hands on and at the coal face I reckon :)