New cat home required

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Empressandra
New Cat Chatter

New cat home required

Post by Empressandra »

Hi I had 'inherited' a 14 year old cat in February, then discovered she had a tumour. She appears fairly well since having a steroid injection to 'slow down the growth' and she has occasional blood in her stools. My issue is her toileting. She started to soil my carpet at the front door and this was becoming regular. So I placed covering on the floor and put a litter tray there. I have three litter trays.Unfortunatelt, her toileting is very hit and miss. I'm not sure if she's losing her cognitive skills because a lot of the time, she poos and wees next to the litter tray as opposesed to in it and it really has become a health and safety issue. I have a 10yr old and two younger grandchildren who frequent my home regularly and this really isn't healthy for any of us. I also have another cat who is probably feeling neglected.

I'm really in urgent need for a sanctuary, somewhere where she can be looked after and given additional attention until she is ready for the inevitable.

I'm also due to go away for 1 week on 22nd August so really need her to be re-homed asap.

I would really appreciate some advice.

Regards

Sandra
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: New cat home required

Post by Grace56 »

You will need to give us some more information. Where are you located etc.
Please visit the 'Homes Needed' forum and put your location in the title.

I hope this poor little cat gets a good and loving home and someone to care for her in her final days. She deserves it.