Missing cat - tale with a happy ending

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Missing cat - tale with a happy ending

Post by alanc »

Its been a worrying day. Tubby Tay from next door went missing shortly after 6:30 this morning. As happens every morning, he nipped in to my house to finish off Tilly's breakfast and I shooed him away as usual. But he didn't turn up at his home at 9:00am for his official breakfast - something unheard of. So my neighbour has been looking for him nearly all day but couldn't hear him and he is usually quite vocal. Still not back at 5.00pm and he has never been known to miss dinner! I went out looking a few times myself this evening. I sent her the missing cat advice on this forum and advised her to go looking when it got dark and quiet (it gets very quiet at night round here). Then, about half an hour ago, I was in the bath when I thought I heard his meow from somewhere out the back. Got dressed and shot out to look. Found neighbour just setting off down the road to look for him, so we turned round and started looking in the gardens at the rear (neighbour had already got permission to do this, we are a pretty friendly bunch round here). Been looking for about 5 min, peering into and under sheds and bushes when I looked round and there was Tay, strolling up behind us as though nothing was wrong! He got whisked off back home and fed. Goodness knows where he has been, but he does seem somewhat subdued didn't purr like he usually does and has a sore chin and cut lip so he's off to the vet in the morning. But what a relief he is home!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Missing cat - tale with a happy ending

Post by Lilith »

Oh that's good - wonder if he had a slight brush with a car, poor lad, but if he's eating doesn't sound too serious.

So very very glad he was found so soon, and how great to have sympathetic neighbours too.

Hope he goes on ok, always good to hear a 'tail' or should that be a 'Tayl' with a happy ending! :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Thank goodness for that! It is a horrible feeling when they go missing.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Oh dear, Lilith, wish I'd thought of that!
Anyway Tay has been to the vet and is now on a course of antibiotics and confined to barracks for a week but otherwise seems unharmed. Spent all day being cuddled by his mum. Vet thinks he may have miscalculated a jump and scraped his chin on a wall as he slid down it. Not sure why he didn't come home for over 12 hours, though.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Some cats do 'hole up' for a while if somethng scares them or after a mishap. When little Peaches got hurt (I think it was a glancing blow from a car) I eventually found her hiding behind a piano in the garage - somewhere I'd never seen her go before. Glad he's home safe. :)