How much do I feed my cat???

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
BradyBunch1972
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

How much do I feed my cat???

Post by BradyBunch1972 »

Hi all. I am new to this forum thingy :shock:
I have been trying to find out the quantities of food my cats should be having. They look perfectly healthy and are growing but as a mum I still worry!
They have been on Orijen Cat & Kitten dry and Natures Menu raw nuggets (I would love to feed just raw but can't afford to) for about three months (before that I used Lilys Kitchen wet in replace of raw).
Anyway, on all the packaging it tells you how much they should have of that particular brand but as I mix the two I want to try and get it right.
My cats are one year old tomorrow (24th Aug) and have 40g dry in the morning, 40g raw at lunch and 40g dry in the evening but should I give more of one and less of the other for a more balanced diet? Their weights vary from 4.5kg - 6kg.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: How much do I feed my cat???

Post by MarkB »

I don't think there is any set amount to feed. Just like people, cats have different metabolisms and activity levels. You are feeding top-quality food, so I would just carry on as you are. I am down to 3 cats. One of them is a tiny girl and she weighs little more than 2kg. Kasper is around 5kg and Domino is over 7kg, but he is a big cat. I always give mine whatever they like and only take action if there are signs of obesity.