PetPlan

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

PetPlan

Post by booktigger »

Just had to ring about my recent claim, as I'd not received any confirmation they had received it, much less dealt with it - I'm used to AXA confirming receipt, then confirming it has been dealt with. Is this normal, or has it just got lost?

Also, I went on the FAQ to check, and there is a comment that you are expected to pay for an annual dental check as part of your policy, I don't recall seeing that in the documentation. I think when she goes for her boosters, I'll get the vet to make a note that they have checked her teeth (which they generally do as part of the booster).
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: PetPlan

Post by alanc »

When I have claimed from PetPlan (3 times now), all I get is an email between 17 and 28 days after the claim has been made, saying the money will be sent to my bank account within a few days. Payment has always occurred in the time promised.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Yup, they don't acknowledge receipt of a claim which would be quite helpful. But the last time I claimed I'm sure I heard back within 2 weeks that they were reimbursing.

Interesting re the Dental bit though as - same as you - thought that as long as the teeth had an annual check at booster time it would be covered - hmmm; wonder if that one way they're trying to wriggle out of it?
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by alanc »

I would be very surprised if the annual check up when you get the boosters done did not count as paying for an annual check. After all, what else would the vets look for at a separate dental check up? And you pay for it as part of the annual check/booster fee, anyway. Not that I have positive proof of this, never having had to have dental work on any of my cats covered by Petplan, but I would be very surprised if the vets did not consider the annual inspection adequate and would tell Petplan so.