Christmas came early

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Symba
New Cat Chatter

Christmas came early

Post by Symba »

Two days ago my neighbors bought me a lost kitten they found while eating at an outdoor cafe. No one claimed him so they bought him home to me. A nice gift. I lost my 6 year old ragdoll to some unknown virus and this really made my day. I need help on the identification of his breed. Very hard to take a picture as he is very active!
12459-web.jpg
12503-copy2.jpg
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Christmas came early

Post by Judy Barnett »

Hi Symba, I too acquired a kitten of about 10 weeks, two and a half years ago. We found her shivering in our garden and spent about two weeks trying to find out where she'd come from. When no one came forward we decided to keep her and it was one of the best decisions we've ever made. Her name is Georgia. It was a learning curve for me as I've never had a kitten before; always somebody's else's adult cat but I think sometimes you are simply destined to meet these little loves and they turn out to be the best cats you ever have, Georgia certainly has.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hi Symba and welcome - WOW! What a little stunner!

I'd say he's got a large dollop of Siamese/Oriental blood in his veins and by the sound of him the temperament to match - he's going to be quite a kid! :D

When I moved here, over 17 years ago, I brought 3 cats, all elderly, and a couple of years later the last one died and I said to myself, no. No more cats. I'd lived with cats all my life, including breeding Siamese, but I wanted my old cats back, not new ones.

A feral colony was forming in the street. They were hungry and I can't bear to see anything go hungry. My cellar with its opening window became the local 'drop-in' centre. Emily (the cat in my avatar) brought me 5 kittens (all ginger!) A year or so later the toms, despite the girls being neutered and no longer available, joined me ...

Vive the accidental cat! :D

Again congrats on your new addition, I'm envious :D
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Symba congrats, welcome & while I can't comment on breed think Lilith's assessment may be on the mark - Stunnung colour & markings. My Harper was a 6 week old stray handed into the vets where I volunteer. She's a terror and being a bit street wise has absolutely no fear :o Keep us posted on Symba. Vivian