Yowlee update

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Yowlee update

Post by Judy Barnett »

Hi folks, just back from the vets. Yowlee's weight has risen from 4.25 kilos to 4.45 in a month. He's a bit dehydrated this morning so I've got to get a urine sample (that's going to be fun ). But his temperature is normal and he's purring like mad. The vet thinks he's not doing too bad for 17. She's given me some special sand to go in his box to draw his wee from I've just got to stop Georgie from using it now, she doesn't see why she has to go outside for a piddle when Yowlee doesn't! :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Yowlee update

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi Jude,
good luck on that one! We had that with Thomas - never did succeed in getting a sample. :roll: Odd that he is putting ON weight, is it fluid retension?
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Good luck with the urine sample!
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

In the past, I needed to get a urine sample from the cat I had then. Fortunately, he was confident enough with me that he didn't mind using the litter tray even if I was fussing around next to it. So when he squatted, I pushed a clean, flattened plastic bag under his rear end. (Getting peed on in the process, but hey-ho, sometimes animals involve messy jobs.) I had a plastic syringe ready to hand, so could then draw up some urine from the puddle on the plastic bag. Only got a few cc's, but it was enough.

Good luck!
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Judy Barnett »

Hi Sue, no its not fluid retention, he should beover5 kilos because he's such a big cat so he's actually underweight