Greetings from a cat friendly hotel!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Oddcat
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Greetings from a cat friendly hotel!

Post by Oddcat »

I felt the need to share and celebrate something fantastic.

We're on holiday in Turkey at the moment, and we all know how questionable the treatment of animals can be overseas. But at this hotel they have a small colony of neutered cats they care for and look after fabulously. They have access to unlimited food, water fountains, toys and veterinary care. The hotel collects donations from guests and gives the surplus to a local animal welfare organisation.

Pic below shows the feeding station (they're not shut in, the mesh just keeps the local wildlife off the food).

Such a refreshing and kind hearted thing to see. It's made my holiday all the more enjoyable, as has the opportunity to make some new feline friends. Hopefully it will make you smile too :D
Marmaris Imperial
Marmaris Imperial
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Greetings from a cat friendly hotel!

Post by Janey »

Aww that’s lovely to see :D thanks for sharing. Enjoy your holiday!
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Baggypants »

I recently saw on Twitter that a journalist was in Istanbul and she was thrilled with the treatment there of stray cats. They're all fed and people put beds out for them.

Makes a lovely change to see animals being respected :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Thanks, that's so good to see :D

A friend's going to Amsterdam soon and I was reminded of this -

http://depoezenboot.nl/en/history

Probably not the first time it's been mentioned on here but worth another look - marvellous story :)
Oddcat
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Oddcat »

Ahh, what a lovely story. I hadn't seen it before.

It's been nice being able to enjoy a holiday without the usual routine of stuffing my handbag with chicken from the buffet before sneaking it out for the local strays!

This morning there was a member of management feeding the cats. Making little piles of biscuits so everyone got a chance, encouraging the shy kitties to come in for food and scrubbing out the water fountain.

It's been the highlight of my week. Although I'll be glad to get back to my cat crew on Monday ... little devils have been treating my poor Mom like their person servant whilst we've been away and she's been cat sitting! :lol: